Directional speed breaker for highways, one-way roads, residential and industrial zones.
The Ghost Driver Barrier (GDB) is a patent pending system for directional speed limitation of vehicles.
The tolerable maximum speed could be defined separately for each driving direction.
• In forward direction there is alternatively no or less speed reduction.
• In inverse direction there is an minimum clear up to strong limitation of the speed.
• Traffic signs at road edges could support the effect of the barrier, e.g. they can help the ghost driver to do the right activities in that case.
• The barrier can used with any speed up to the maximum allowed speed.
• There is no healthy risk for the ghost driver by using the ghost driver barrier.
• Traffic jam is no problem for the barrier.
• simple, robust, reliable, long-lived
• approved principle
• anywher possible to install
> drive-ups from highways / freeways:
• forward direction: speed limitation for example to 80 km/h (50 mph)
• inverse direction: speed reducing for example to 10 or 20 km/h (5 … 15 mph)
> residential and industrial zones:
• forward direction = exit from limit zone: speed limitation for example to 50 km/h (30 mph)
• inverse direction = entrance to limit zone: speed reducing for example to 30 km/h (20 mph)
> one-way streets:
• forward direction: speed limitation for example to 30 or 50 km/h (20 … 30 mph)